skip to content

Financial support for non-members

The GSGS does not give out any full grants for funding doctoral research projects.

If you would like to become a GSGS, you will need to find your own funding source (e.g., DAAD, private foundations (Stiftungen), etc)) or find a potential supervisor who has an open position, typically for a research assistant (Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in). Open positions are advertised through the University's "Stellenwerk". Also check the opportunities listed here.

If you are not a member of the GSGS, your only option for getting direct funding from the GSGS is to apply for a GSGS Start-up Honours Grant, which is aimed at attracting or keeping very promising potential doctoral (PhD) candidates. You will need to indicate your prospective supervisor and he/she will need to co-sign your proposal. Please read the details on the indicated page.