Before completing the online application form, please collect:
- A cover letter in which you explain your motivation for applying;
- a short description (max. 300 words) of your own project idea for your doctoral research that is closely related to your preferred research programme;
- a curriculum vitae without gaps;
- two letters of recommendation by two professors from your home university. Please use the "DAAD template for recommendation letter” (PDF or DOC) available through the link on this page. At least one of the letters should confirm that you belong to best 10 % of your graduation class.
- copies of (these don’t have to be certified at this point):
- your transcripts of records covering your academic studies;
- certificates of any academic degree or advanced qualifications; these should indicate grades and include an explanation of the issuing university’s grading system;
- documents certifying knowledge of English Language, e.g. IELTS-Academics, TOEFL (if available).
- Translations for any certificates not issued in English or German.
Questions can be directed to the coordinator of GSGS, Dr Karin Boessenkool through gradschool-geosciuni-koeln.de